Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Day 9: Place I've Visited...
I lived overseas my whole childhood, so I been to a lot of places and seen a lot of amazing things. It's hard for me to choose one place to write about. Lucky for you, its a snow day, so I will write about most of them (in summary). The first place I lived was Sierra Leone, Africa. We didn't do much traveling there because my sister and I were so young. But, I remember many trips to the beaches there. The next place we lived was Frankfurt, Germany. While living in Germany we visited Holland, Berlin, Rotenburg (may have spelled this wrong) and many castles and other exciting places. After Germany we moved to Amman, Jordan. This was by far my favorite place we lived. Its unfortunate that the media only shows the bad sides of the middle east because I have never been or lived in a place where people are more caring towards you and want to make sure that you are taken care of. Jordan is such a beautiful country with beautiful people and amazing history. While living in Jordan, we visited Petra, the Dead Sea, the Red Sea, Jordan River, Mt. Nebo, camped at Wadi Rum, Damascus, Israel, and Egypt. My heart breaks for the craziness happening in Egypt right now and pray that it ends soon. I am sure I'm forgetting several places I've visited while living overseas, but once we returned to the US, I have traveled to Brazil, Mexico, Disneyworld, D.C, and several beaches in Florida and Texas. I wish I could post some pics of all these amazing places, but unfortunately they are all at my parents house. I love to travel and see new places and look forward to traveling with Hannah so she can have great experiences too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I did not know you had lived so many places! That is amazing!
ReplyDelete