I have to say that I was pretty blessed in the parent department. I was blessed with amazing Christian parents who helped shape me into the person I am today.
I'll start off talking about my dad...a lot of dads out there are consumed by their work and bring it home, stay late, work weekend, etc. But, my dad cared more about his family than work. In fact, he left an amazing job for his family and not many men/fathers would give up a job they love for their family which says a lot about my dads character. Growing up I loved playing with my Sesame Street playhouse and I remember my dad dropping whatever he was doing to play with me. For some reason that memory has stuck in my head and I think about that a lot. :) My dad made sure that we grew up to love God and follow his word. He has been an amazing Christian role model and I've seen him do and make some hard decisions because of his faith. He is someone that I have always known I can go to for anything. He has always been the leader, provider, and structure of our family.
Now onto my mom...I was blessed to have had a mom who stayed at home with me, my sister, and brother. As I sit here and write this, I am having a hard time putting my thoughts into words (surprise, surprise). There is so much I could say about my mom that I don't know how to say it. One of my favorite things about my mom is the fact that we always had a homemade meal at our dinner table every night. I am trying to be the mom to Hannah that she has been for me and my siblings. She is my best friend and I don't think a day goes by I don't talk to her on the phone.
There is so much more I could say about my parents but this post would be forever long. Love you mom and dad!

Lauren thats awesome
ReplyDeletelove the pic of hannah and your parents
love
marge