Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 24: Something I've Learned

I've learned a lot in the past 25 years, but I've recently learned how well I am able to function on little amount of sleep. I think God has embedded something in women, that when they have kids, they just are able to keep going no matter how much sleep they get. I've also learned that men (atleast my man) is not able to do that. He has trouble getting doing "weekend duty" and those tend to be the days Hannah sleeps best.
I've also recently learned that I don't know how to spell the word definately (definitely, definatly)...I think I spell it different everytime and am unsure which was is the correct way...so I will probably continue to spell it wrong.
The other thing that I have recently learned is how amazing it is to be a mom and how much love I can have for one person. I know God called me to be a mom and wife before anything else.
And the last thing that I have recently learned is the power of prayer. I've always known how important it is to pray, but I don't think I believed it. (if that makes sense). Once Hannah was born I prayed constantly when she was in the NICU. I prayed more that week than I have my whole life. Then I started praying to be able to stay home with Hannah even though I thought it imposssible. But with God, nothing is impossible. I began to see him working in crazy ways through my prayers. And everyday I enjoy spending most all my time with Hannah. God is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment