Well Hannah's first Halloween experience began at our Knock Knock night at church. We enjoyed showing her off as a little ballerina and Conrad enjoyed eating her candy. Then she ventured to her first Halloween party where she met Brett Michaels, Khloe Kardashian, and Brett Farve (i know that's not how its spelled, but it should be)....Soon after we arrived at the party Hannah decided to give me a real Halloween scare. As I was holding her she coughed and got choked on whatever she coughed up. She stopped breathing and immediately my instincts took over and began back thrusts which broke up whatever she was choking on. After a few more thrusts, she began breathing again. Man was it scary! Thankfully I had taken infant CPR and knew exactly what to do, I was already thinking about the next step if it was needed. Somehow I remained calm, which in class they told us you have to remain calm and I thought to myself no way would I be able to remain calm, but I did and it helped. Hopefully we won't ever go through that again, but I recommend anyone who hasn't taken infant CPR and has babies or is around them to do so! I hope everyone had a great Halloween! I will leave you with some pictures of Hannah's first Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment