By the title of this blog you might think its an update on Hannah being 5 weeks old today. Well, that she is, but this also marked my 5 week checkup at the doctor (Some have been anticipating this longer than others). I was anticipating the part of getting on the scale to see how much weight I have lost since having Hannah. While pregnant, I gained a total of 70lbs! No, that is not a mis-type...that's right 7-0! Take a moment to let that sink in....40 more pounds and I would have doubled my weight (you can do the math). Well when I stepped on the scale, I lost a whole 30lbs!! I also got the "ok" to use my elliptical machine which will help the process. I still have a while to go, but I'm getting there. With that said, I have to say a few things that do bother me about this whole losing weight after pregnancy. There are some that don't help the process at all and I will break them down into 5 categories.
1. The women that gain a total of 5 lbs during pregnancy
2. The women that cough and magically pop the baby out and immediately lose all the weight
3. The women that eat a cupcake and lose 10 pounds
4. The women that wear their prepregnancy jeans home from the hospital
5. And finally the women that never have to wear maternity clothes
If you are reading this and you fall into one of those categories, I;m not saying I dislike you and props to you for being able to do such a thing. I'm simply saying God made my body totally opposite of that and seeing such women bring down my selfesttem just a little. But, my goal is to be back to or close to pre pregnancy weight by Christmas or close to that date as possible.
PS- as i write this, Conrad is walking Hannah around in her car seat to try to get her to quiet down...magically its working
Lauren, by the time I was at the beginning of my 5th month (right before I lost the baby) I had gained just under 20lbs. Now, 6 months after losing the baby I have only managed to lose 7lbs of it. So, I think me and you are in the same boat. I totally understand how you feel about all those women (my sister being one of them, who now at 5 months has only gained 6lbs)... my selfesteem has gone way down, and it hasn't been making any form of comeback... so good luck to you, and I hope you manage to get back to prepregnancy weight ASAP.
ReplyDeleteI still have not lost my weight after both of my babies were born. Love, Dadinlaw.
ReplyDeleteYou'll get there! I gained close to 60 lbs with Ella, so you aren't alone. I'm impressed that you've already lost 30!! Way to go!
ReplyDelete