Then Easter was the week after and Conrad's parents were here for that. Hannah of course was sick, after all, it was a holiday. I am told kids get sick on holidays and traveling and so far Hannah has not let us down on that. She did enjoy her Easter basket from the Easter bunny and looked so cute in her white Easter dress.
We spent Mother's Day in Texas with my parents and sister. It was such a fun mother's day because I was in on the celebration!! Its still surreal sometimes to think that I am a mom. I absolutely love being a mom and loved getting to stand up in church when they recognized all the mommies. I have had the best mom as a role model and she has taught me how to be the mom I am. If I can be half the mom she was to us kids...I'll do just fine.
Conrad has never been one to celebrate the "little holidays" and by little holidays I mean anything other than Christmas. Even at that he doesn't understand why I make him put up Christmas lights or get down the millions of decorations each year out of the attic but he does it becuase I love it. I love any holiday and love to go all out for any kind of celebration. I have learned not to expect much from him as far as celebrations go, but for my first Mother's day, he made it special for me. I wasn't expecting anything, but he got me a gift certificate so that I could have some me time, a very sweet card, and my first mommy shirt. He got up early Sunday morning, got all ready for church and took care of Hannah, so that I could have a little extra sleep. We spent the late afternoon driving back to Oklahoma but I did get a nap in on the ride home :)
Now for the part you have been waiting for...an update on Hannah. She is now 8 months old!!! She still battles with allergies and may have to have an allergy test done to see what it is in the air she is allergic to. I pray it is not Peanut because I don't think I could bare having to get rid of him. I am just praying that God takes her allergies away. She has discovered how to clap her hands and whenever I say "yaaaaay!" she starts clapping and it is soooo cute. She is almost crawling...she drags herself right now and will get on all fours, but hasn't figrued that that is what will move her. Still no teeth, but that doesn't stop her from eating. She loves food...especially blueberries. She loves to play her toy piano, stacking blocks, and Elmo mailbox. She continues to remain such a happy baby....here are some pictures of the last month. Enjoy!
and for your enjoyment.........

No comments:
Post a Comment