Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Half Birthday!

I know, I know...you've all been missing my everyday blogs! Well I can't believe that today my baby girl is 6 months old!!!! I can't believe this day 6 months ago I was in labor for 18 hours, I can't believe 6 months ago that I birthed a 7lb 12 oz beautiful girl, and I can't believe that 6 months ago my life forever changed and I became a "mom"! 6 months has gone by so fast and I have enjoyed every second of it. God has blessed Conrad and I with the most beautiful baby girl. I pray for her everyday to be as sweet and innocent as she is now and to grow to love God and build her faith. What an amazing gift to be a parent and for God to intrust the life of another person on me!
Well today with Hannah turned 6 months, that means she is half a year old. I am all about birthdays, and I will take any chance I get to celebrate a birthday. I have chosen to celebrate the first half birthday of all the kids I have. Today we had a half birthday party for Hannah with cupcakes, gifts, and a birthday party wouldn't be complete without singing "Happy half birthday to you, Happy half birthday to you, Happy half birthday dear Hannah, Happy half birthday to you". Now I know she's not going to remember this, or even her first birthday for that matter, and some of you might find this outragious, unnecessary, pointless,  but I believe its about celebrating the joy she has given us thus far. So, really its a party for us too. And, I get so much joy out of throwing parties and celebrating life that I don't really care what others think :). I did not allow her to eat a cupcake, but yes Opa, I did allow her to smash a cupcake and "experience her food". Now, alas, pictures of this fun celebration!!


3 comments:

  1. Lauren i love the idea celbrating half birthdays
    i celbrate my half birthday
    so i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last picture of you and Hannah! you both look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe 6 months already. Love the pictures
    Erica
    asoonersweetheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete