Ever since Hannah was born, she's always been a pretty good sleeper; giving me 4-5 good hours of sleep. Well for the last week, she has decided that sleeping in her own bed is no longer relaxing. She will sleep about 2 good hours and then will wake up every hour after that. I've been told that around 3-4 months is when their sleeping takes a little change, but I thought it would be for the better. There are only 2 ways that I can get her to really fall asleep to get the rest she needs. The first way is to hold her. While I love every second of holding her, I don't get much sleep at all because I am sitting up and am just uncomfortable. The other way is to lay her in bed with us. I really don't want to start that habit, but if its the only way that we can both get some sleep, then I'm all for it at this point. I just don't want to start bad habits that will be hard to break. I am still starting her out in her crib and hopefully there will be a night where she gets back into the swing of things. Im sure Conrad will read this for the first time and wonder what I am talking about because he tends to sleep and snore through it all.
Lauren, I can completely understand what you're going through. Alivia is constantly awake at night needing her binky. We often do the "start in her crib and then bring her to bed with us" routine, just because sleep is SO precious at this age. She will learn to stay asleep...she may be having tummy troubles that are causing her to wake up. Trust your gut...you're the Mommy. If your gut says to do it, then do it. If your gut says not to, then don't. :)
ReplyDelete