For me, the happiness of Christmas is nothing that can be found in a box or a bag, or anything money can buy. Its spending time with my family, christmas eve at my grandparents house along with our aunt, uncle, and cousins. It's making Christmas cookies with my sister and meticuously placing the icing and decorations to make the best cookie of all. It's Christmas dinner with my whole family usually at Texas, Land, and cattle. It's my moms chocolate pecan pie and aunts chocolate fudge. It's watching others open the gifts that I have given them and seeing their reaction. It's candlelight christmas eve church service, and now I can add being santa to the list of my christmas happiness. I have truely been blessed this year with so many things and have God to thank for everything.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Christmas 2010
Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of the year. Of course when I was smaller it was because of the anticipation of what Santa was going to bring me and hopes of getting all my wishes (unrealistic as they might have been). This year Christmas had a totally different feel and experience. I loved Christmas this year because Conrad and I became Santa. Although we couldn't see the excitement in Hannahs face when she saw her gifts, it was the process of picking out the presents, putting them together and setting them out for her. I look forward to the Christmas' to come when she understands the reason for Christmas and that we were given the best gift of all when Jesus was born to save us all :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment